Could we contemplate “turning a new chapter” in our lives when we’re ready to experience a new way of being?
Remembering back when this idea came about, it must have been around 2004 when my then fiance, now husband, and I decided to move to Canada temporarily for work. It was a “new chapter” for us. And that concept seemed to really stick. We were going to live in a new country and city with new jobs, new friends and new immigration headaches to contend with. And as simply as we had made the decision, some cosmic hand had turned the chapter to make it happen.
When you think about turning a new chapter while reading, there’s a beautiful reset of expectations. There’s a new path, or new adventure. Time has passed perhaps, or the focus has moved onto something new. So the next time you really want to turn a chapter in your life, I want you to think about the following tips.
6 TIPS ON HOW TO “TURN A CHAPTER” AND MAKE CHANGE
- Anyone can “turn the chapter” at any time
- Anyone deserves to make change when it feels right (like you have that itch to try something new and shake up your rhythm)
- Starting a new chapter builds upon all the great experiences and lessons you already have, therefore you aren’t starting the “new” part from scratch
- As with any chapter, the change you’re about to undergo could be temporary, equivalent to less than 10 pages.
- The simple act of deciding it’s time for a new chapter is an action forward in and of itself.
- It’s your life, therefore you have the power to author it however you want.
So what’s your new chapter you’re thinking about? Is it getting in shape for summer? Is it finding passion with work? Is it navigating work life integration?
My new chapter is taking one small challenge on – everyday. I want to show courage and live the life I want now. I want to build that courage so that my impossible future becomes clearer and closer each day.
See related: Live the Life you Want, Now
Updated September 30, 2013.
For more upcoming events, webinars and training, visit Managing Mindspaces.
JESSICA MANCA is a certified coach, author, entrepreneur and former management consultant. Jessica founded Managing Mindspaces, a professional coaching firm, providing sensible career and life coaching services to professionals making life-changing decisions.
© Copyright 2014 Managing Mindspaces. All rights reserved.