Motivation is an internally-driven force.
What’s your relationship with Motivation? Are you able to motivate yourself easily, or do you struggle with it? In the support of my own learning and yours, I put together the components that build motivation. This is from my perspective to overcome the ick that comes from things where we lack motivation.
WHAT I KNOW ABOUT MOTIVATION IS
- Motivation is personal (internal) to each of us.
- Others can’t tell us to be motivated. That doesn’t work.
- Our motivation hinges upon our mood, health, goals, intention, and inspirations.
- When we are motivated, there’s a fearlessness that awakens to tackle challenges.
- When procrastination occurs, motivation is lacking on some level.
- If surrounded by others who are highly motivated, we often get more motivated through that excitement and synergy.
MINDSPACES MOTIVATIONAL WHEEL
It takes all of the following elements to make the wheel move forward:
- internal drive or my stake in it;
- attention and focus;
- time and dedication;
- energy and action;
- ability and talent (creativity, tools, methods, resources); and
- a vision for what’s desired.
Does your motivational wheel look like mine? Apply this tool to your current projects and goals to move them forward. Only you can find your motivation!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for career questions you have or if you would like a PDF copy of this blog post.
Curious to try 20 self-discovery strategies and exercises for your career direction?
Join others who now see their strengths, weaknesses, drivers and values in a new way with this self-guided DIY resource. If you liked this post, you’ll love my book, “Finding Passion: A Self-Discovery Approach for Navigating Career Crossroads” to help you ask the tough questions you’ve been avoiding and rediscover what you really want in your career. Available on Amazon.
JESSICA MANCA is a certified coach, author, entrepreneur and former management consultant. Jessica founded Managing Mindspaces, a professional coaching firm, providing sensible career and life coaching services to professionals making life-changing decisions.
© Copyright 2014-2015 Managing Mindspaces. All rights reserved.